Wise Words

Today, I sat in class, blowing my nose every 5 minutes, sniffling up a storm, and coughing my brains out. It was brutal, however, nothing was wrong.
It was a good day other than this head cold I have.

As I sat in class beside some friends, I remembered some wise words somebody told me this summer. Paul. Braden's dad, my best friend. They're practically family to me, honestly, I love them all, and their words mean just as much as my own families do. Family is always first, and today, I just remembered back when we were in NYC.

I remember Paul had told me never to let my dreams go. Never let a girl get in the way of the goals you want to achieve, and what you want to do and where you want to go in life.

Today I thought about that, and really liked it. It made me happy, and reassured me with everything I'm doing right now in life. I feel like I'm doing the right thing, going the right way. Working hard to achieve goals I want to achieve, working to be what I want to be. I like that, and nobody is going to stop me or change my dedication in what I do, how I do it, where I go, and why. It's me that I have to live for, well, most of the time. I need to think about me more and the ones who truly matter, and just continue striving to be the best that I can. I'm not saying that none of these people matter, hell, I talk to a ton of people daily, I think I'm trying to express that I need to stay truer to myself, and not stop for anything at achieving what I want.

Just something I thought about throughout my day.

A teacher approached me today, which was very neat. This particular teacher has come to me twice because I never wear the stupid ID around my neck. She's warned me if she has to ask me a third time about the ID there would be more to it. This time I had my ID, and I was simply standing at my locker. Of course the first thing that came to my mind was what did I do wrong?
"Are you Spencer Hogg?"
"Yeah." *Gulp*
"Oh wow. I've seen you before, I've been following you flickr for a while now, and I just have to say you are extremely talented, and are an amazing photographer."

It really made my day, and gave me goosebumps :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Intergalactic