Ollie


Ollie
Originally uploaded by Spencer Photography
Well, today seems to be Wednesday. My last day of going to bed whenever I want, waking up whenever I feel, and doing whatever I would like to in the day. It's the end of summer. It was the fastest summer yet, but also the best, and most memorable. School starts soon, I guess that's not a bad then. Hell, I can't even complain, one core, 2 options and spare everyday.. I probably have the easiest course list in the school. So I can't complain. It's going to be a good year, from what I've heard grade 12 has been the best for everybody. I'm optimistic about it, I think it's going to be good. No, scratch that, I don't think it will be good, I know it will be good. I get to ride to school every morning with someone who I care a lot about, and by ride to school, I mean we're going early, because that's the only way she will have the car, this creates time to prepare for the day, get Starbucks, or grab breakfast on rushed mornings. Then the day begins, with my easy classes. English, spare (2 hour lunch) Gym, Psychology. Easy. Day ends, go home etc. So I am positive it's going to be an amazing year. It's the final year too. All our life up to this point has been spent mainly in school. Learning, training, for what? The real world? But...the past 12 years have been the real world? No? I know they haven't. Which to me sounds scary. It's only just the beginning. We have been learning for these past years, to now be prepared to set foot into living life on our own terms. I am happy to be done it, and to be able to get out and achieve my goals and dreams, and do what I want to do. I'm slightly sad however, that it's over. It's a once in a life time thing I guess, (Unless you fail or drop out or something and go back) but I will never see this young age again. I'm not sure how I feel about getting older. I want to be older. I know all parents say no no, you want to be young. I don't full understand it, maybe when I'm older I'll wish I was still young? Probably. But right now, I was to be older, so I can have more freedom, more options, more things to do, places to go, people to see, money to make, dreams to achieve.

I applied for a job a few days back here. I'm worried, I REALLY want this job, I NEED this job. I applied at a camera store, a more professional store than Black's. When I went in and handed them an application, they asked what camera I used. I told them I used a Canon 450D. I don't know if that was enough. She said so many people apply in the store, and don't even know what camera they're using. I've worked long and hard on my resume, and I must admit, I am a little impressed with myself on it. I'm hoping they read it through, and take time to actually check out my Flickr on my business card I attached. I think if they check my Flickr, they will definitely see that I know what I'm doing when it comes to photography and such. I guess I can just hope for the best, and hold the bank down until I get a new income.

1 comments:

Chrissy's family life blog said...

Great post Spencer, I love the detail! The picture is gorgeous too..
It sounds like you have this year all figured out and i hope it all works out for you! Enjoy your last year of highschool..things do change once you leave, its amazing how fast you'll grow up when you start your real learning...life learning!
Education in school is important but in reality you don't use much from highschool, except maybe the lessons of time management, expectations, rules, deadlines, respect, getting along with others..etc etc. Its exciting to get out there into the real world, but don't rush it. Once you are there is no turning back, everything you say and do...only you are accountable for, it can be scary sometimes! Enjoy the freedom, you will see soon..it is now you are free!
Good luck with getting the job, they would be crazy not to hire you! Have a good day at school, wishing you happiness this year!! XOX

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Intergalactic