God.

Wow. So, have you ever prayed so hard for something, and then it comes true, and you have that feeling afterward, that there truly is a god? A god that listens to you, a god you can always talk to about anything no matter what. Well, I've had this feeling many times before. So many times actually. I've never believed in god more than I do today. (I say that every time I feel like this though, but today's big)

So, lately I have been spending time with somebody who means a lot to me, and somebody I really care about. It's an incredibly long story, so I will just leave it at the fact that I really care for her.

Anyways, she got invited to a party this morning with some of her "old" friends. The group of friends that is into drugs (And not just entry level ones) drinking, and other dark stuff like that. Stuff I don't like. I guess it's not the fact that I don't like them because of that, but more the idea of somebody I truly care so much about to be around that. I know she would never do it, but just the risk associated with hanging around it is sometimes too much.

So last night I prayed. I prayed for her to be safe, and for her to be looked after and protected.

I woke up this morning to a text message "My sister's very sick, so I'm staying home to take care of her, and now the (group of people) are getting mad at me for not being able to come"

Obviously I calmed her down and explained how selfish it is of them to choose themselves over her sister. Family is always #1.

Today, I believe in God. I always have, but today, I really, really do.

1 comments:

Chrissy's family life blog said...

I am very very happy for you! I haven't heard to much about this new person in your life, you will have to fill me in! Sounds exciting, new, wonderful and right. Good luck with her, I pray that she is as good to you as you are too her!!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Intergalactic